A Perfect Thanksgiving




It's not often, here in S Ontario, that the weather on this mid-October long weekend fits my definition of "perfect". But this year it was perfect. Day after day of mid 20s temperatures, tiny breezes, and all framed by those Canadian autumnal colours. Oh, those colours!
I live near an old railway line, now converted to a trail for cycling & walking. Over the past fortnight I've watched the leaves gradually build to a crescendo of ideal autumnal tones. And so it was this weekend as I cycled along from Meaford to Thornbury under a series of genuine, fat-free golden arches comprised of a mix of maple & ash, aspen & other delightful trees.
But the Georgian Trail was a busy track, that weekend. So the usual deer, rabbits, snakes & foxes that I often see kept their distance, but I didn't mind, as the smells of the harvesting apples surrounding the trail perfectly complemented the sounds of golfers cruelly punishing a small white ball as I rode along. Here's a couple of pix so you can see what I cherished that weekend.
And, as if on cue, when the Thanksgiving Day was over, we awoke to rain & strong winds which tried hard, & quite successfully, to blow those golden leaves off the trees. Oh, well, there's always next year to look forward to .

Comments

Popular Posts