Living in "town"


In some ways I'm very glad to have moved to a more "urban" environment. For a start, town dwellers have access to the usual facilities - sewage instead of septic tanks, town water instead of a well, paved roads & so forth. But, my water was absolutely clean at the farm (the province provides free testing for bacteria), my septic tank never gave any problems, & I had a tractor to clear the snow.

The big difference is in the taxes; water, & property rates. On the other hand, I have high speed internet, & can walk to the local shopping centre & supermarket.

At least I can in normal weather. We've had a very early winter in S Georgian Bay, with day after day of relentless snowfall. Already, even though it's not officially winter yet, there is 2 feet of snow on the ground. I'm running out of space to put the snow! Never had that problem in the country!

Comments

Popular Posts