Emotional Weather

By this I mean it's funny how the weather affects our moods & outlook on life. Wonder how it does this? I mean, why should a clear, mild day with a gentle breeze put you in a much better frame of mind than a hot windy day, or a cold still day? Is is because of physical comfort? Must be more than that, because visual aspects affect us too - wispy clouds in deep blue skies are helpful, as are trees (with leaves, or better still, flowers); sounds - especially bird songs, perhaps even a distant lawnmower (but not a distant truck engine), a cow lowing (but not a dog barking), an old plane overhead (but not a jet) & so goes the list.
Anyway, what got me going was the disappointing few days we've had here in Omaha. Cool, overcast &, worst of all, breezy. So I haven't done much, especially as I'm still trying to get over my cold, which seems to nearly disappear until I go out (into the aforementioned wind) after which it all comes back again & my nose starts running.
Sorry to be so miserable; hope I'm more cheerful next week.

Comments

Popular Posts